Open Position : Part-time Volunteer and Intern Coordinator
Oklahoma Opportunities AmeriCorps Member
Minimum Time: 300 Hours Total or 25 Hours a week
Service Term: May 26-31st to August 23-31st.
Global Gardens is partnering with Red River Community Corps’ Oklahoma Opportunities AmeriCorps
program to expand its capacity to further its mission. For this partnership, Global Gardens seeks an
AmeriCorps Member to serve as a Volunteer and Intern Coordinator at Global Gardens during summer
The Volunteer and Intern Coordinator will perform a range of activities related to managing and
expanding Global Gardens’ volunteer program and developing an internship program.
This is an AmeriCorps State position. AmeriCorps is a national service volunteer program and
AmeriCorps Members are not traditional employees, staff or volunteers. Applicants must be eligible
to serve as an AmeriCorps State Member.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Develop an internship program to support garden education and garden maintenance
• Expand current volunteer program to reach new and existing sites
• Implement system for tracking volunteers and hours on the new website
• Field requests from volunteer groups and match with site needs
• Recruit volunteers and interns
• Orient and support volunteers and interns
• Create/manage volunteer program calendar
• Develop volunteer appreciation methods
• Provide on-site oversight during community workdays
• Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. national or lawful permanent resident alien of the
United States (individuals in the U.S. on student, work or tourist visas are not eligible to become
• Applicant must be at least 17 years old
• Applicant must have a high school diploma or GED or agree in writing to obtain one while
• Applicant should also possess:
• Excellent organization and communication skills;
• Ability to work independently, take direction, and collaborate with diverse groups and
• Commitment to child and family well-being, community empowerment, peaceful
conflict resolution, healthy lifestyle, organic gardening and sustainability; and
• Spanish language skills (preferred).
• All positions begin May 26-31 and end August 23-31, 2020
• Minimum Time Members must provide 300 hours of service (approx. 25 hours per week)
• Minimum-time Members receive a living allowance of approximately $478 (bi-weekly)
• Minimum-time Members who successfully complete their required service hours may be eligible for
an Education Award of $1311.11
• Paid training & professional development
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about Americorps in Oklahoma, visit: www.rrccok.org
Please check back for new opportunities. In the meantime consider volunteering with us. Many of our current staff members started as volunteers (hint, hint).